Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile dysfunction, or male impotence, is the inability to get or keep an erection to have successful intercourse. Approximately 94 million men worldwide suffer from erectile dysfunction and, most importantly, nearly every man who has the condition can be helped. ED includes:
- Inability to achieve an erection
- Inconsistency in getting an erection
- Tendency to maintain an erection for a short period of time
A penile implant is a device that is placed into a man’s body and is designed to help him get an erection. It enables men with erectile dysfunction to have a satisfactory erection for sexual intercourse and to experience the joys of sex again. Penile implants have proven to be a preferred treatment for erectile dysfunction for reasons including:
- High satisfaction rate – Approximately 93.8% of patients were moderately or completely satisfied with their penile implant.
- Minimal Recovery Time – After the procedure, only a four to six week period is needed before use of the implant.
- Discrete Solution – The implant is placed inside your body so that no one can see it.
- Insurance Coverage – Most insurance, including Medicare, cover the implant.